Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day One

Hello hello!
We have arrived in London and found our way to our hostel. The streets are beauteous and traffic is on the wrong side of the road. Eek. Toya already got stuck in the subway ticket area... who's surprised?
To backtrack... Yesterday we arrived at the airport and flew through customs, browsed for a camera case, sat on squeaky airplane chairs and enjoyed the frequent "Your plane is about to leave without you" voice memos on the speaker (haha). We sat in the airport bar and enjoyed some tasty cold Coors Light (no judgement!) and got buzzed. Good times in the airport.
Now we are about to embark on our first solo journey through London!!
You know you love me, xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy! And of course no judgment... it was just to help you sleep on the plane... :) Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, Toya's first time across the big pond. Looking forward to following your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to have fish & chips wrapped in newspaper, classic Brit food & goes well with a pint! from one who knows...bon voyage, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls.The last time Julie was home her plane was delayed in Toronto on her way back to California.She met up with a group of women on their way to California for a business trip...in the bar.3 hours later they finally boarded the plane when the party really began.The West Jet crew enjoyed themselves also.Julie thoroughly enjoys flying...now.Airport bars can be interesting experiences.

    Fom another frequent flyer...Mrs.D (only because of the bars )

    ReplyDelete
  5. let me guess, Toya tried to get the guard to laugh...did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cat/bunny sat this week-end when your parents took your grandparents to TO.Buns is an absolute cuddler-on her back, wrapped in a towel, standing on her ears (you gotta see that one )or just in your lap.I'm glad you didn't spoil her Toya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Girls
    I know that you are probably getting homesick by now (you have been gone for over a week) so I thought I would send some of the latest headlines from the Pembroke Observer.
    1)"Potholes Still Not Filled in in Downtown Core"
    2)"Roadkill is Down According to Stats Can"(although I did see a dead porcupine the other day)
    3)"Canada Geese "Flock" Home for the Summer"
    Now don't you feel better?I do want to help you enjoy Europe as much as possible.Let me know if homesickness gets any worse and I'll see what I can do to help!!!!!I could send The Pembroke Observer over to Europe.Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I would like to know is what the hell happened on Day Two???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay girls, now it is week two and we are starting to entertain each other! We have patiently checked each day....can the silence be cracked now?

    ReplyDelete